Monday, March 24, 2008
"In cooperation with USAID’s eGov project and the software company NextSense, we managed to implement an electronic system which is free and intended for the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia, offering a simpler and more efficient manner of employment in the civil services," stated Aleksandar Ugrinoski, State Advisor on information technologies in the Civil Servants Agency.
In May and June 2007, Metamorphosis Foundation conducted a survey of candidates for civil servant jobs who used the application, confirming its high value.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Creative Commons Content Portal for Macedonia published Macedonian translations of eleven Shakespeare plays as downloadable e-books, made available by the renowned storyteller and translator Dragi Mihajlovski.
The e-books have been published in weekly batches of two to three PDF-files between the 8th of February and the 20th of March 20, 2008. The following plays have been published under the Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Macedonia license:
- Комедија на забуни (The Comedy of Errors)
- Веселите жени од Виндзор (The Merry Wives of Windsor)
- Ромео и Јулија (Romeo and Juliet)
- Кротењето на опаката (The Taming of the Shrew)
- Тимон од Атина (Timon of Athens)
- Од влакно ортома (Much Ado About Nothing)
- Ричард Трети (Richard III)
- Со сила убавина не бидува (Love's Labour's Lost)
- Танте за кукуригу (Measure for Measure)
- Кориолан (Coriolanus)
- Секое зло за арно (All's Well That Ends Well)
The portal is managed by Metamorphosis Foundation, and it continues to provide space for e-publishing of works by contemporary Macedonian authors, as well as possibility for all who use the Creative Commons licenses elsewhere on the internet to add links to their content published elsewhere on the internet.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Macedonia will join worldwide movement for free culture with promotion of the localized Macedonian version of the Creative Commons licenses.